Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Morning Start to 2012

While I was getting breakfast together for the Fids this morning, they reminded me that we had all agreed to eat better for 2012. If they are up for it, I guess I am, too!

They started their morning with nice warm oatmeal. Louie likes just a drop of milk on his. This morning, I think he was having second thoughts! Maybe he was hoping Dunkin Donuts was on the menu? Libby dug right in, maybe a little too much! Lacie usually gets spoon fed but she decided the bowl would work today!

I stayed with my favorite cereal "Grape Nuts". I love them because they stay crunchy, no soggy flakes for me! The Fids like these, too, maybe tomorrow! Funny but Grapes Nuts just happen to be featured on "Unwrapped" on HGTV as I typing, so at the end is everything you never needed to know about them!!!

Hope you and your Fids have a great start to 2012, too!!

Louie not sure this is what he ordered
Libby caught enjoying her oarmeal a bit too much


Lacie says "Mmmmmmmmmmm Good!"

I do love Grape Nuts cereal but have to have my hot tea to wake up!
Grape Nuts Cereal - It was made by Post Foods in 1897 as an alternative to hot cereal. 
One thought of the name is it looks like grape seeds. 
They are made of Whole wheat flour, barley & yeast... NO Grapes or Nuts! 
They mix the ingredients into bread loafs then they are broken up into little nuggets. 
They sell 60 million boxes a year, enough to lay them from New York to LA.
A bowl gives you 68% of your daily whole grains requirement.
Why not give them a try because they are the crunchiest and even have a natural sweetness!


2 comments:

Bird Mama said...

My flock eats warm oatmeal every morning, too, and have for a couple of years now. Princess Lucy gets fed from a spoon as Lacie does. (Spoiled little girls!) Mr. Finnegan likes his mixed with chopped pecans and an almond on the top...kind of like an oatmeal sundae. :) Bobbie is not fussy and eats hers from a little bowl. That makes for three healthy fids.

ilovebirdthings said...

I love the idea of an Oatmeal Sundae, for me, too! Lou & Lib like cashews, so I'll have to top theirs!
I also make them grits and my Grape Nuts cereal, too!
They are pickey eaters, so I'm always on the lookout for something new, even if they do only eat a few bites of anything!!!